I started this IOM project at the beginning of the first COVID lockdown. It is nearly 20 months since I started researching IOM's on the web and the white boat was the first off the mould. Despite being a test bed the boat had performed admirably and given me a platform to win many a club race and put together consistent results. I only felt it was saleable when I found 2 pot acrylic spray from Riolett which enables me to give the hull a professional finished look.
Despite finishing the package yesterday, I felt the best way to demonstrate the boat was to race it at Gosport in a fleet 23 boats. Remember this boat had not been sailed since last year and the rig was new. The boat won its second race and then put a consistent set of results together over the 8 races. Mission accomplished. I have to say the Gosport in a Westerly wind is second to none apart from Fleetwood, probably.
It was a bit hard and slightly sad to hand the boat over after racing to its new owner but I am confident he has a great competitive package with all the settings for repeat performances in the future.
On to fix up Alternative mark 2.
Here are the results from the day. Sedici and Britpop were 1 and 2 (I think). Winds 3-10 knots WSW. My thanks again to Paul Edwards for his dedication to enable our sailing.
My boat is sailing away to a new home. Wishing you and your owner fair winds and good fortune in the future. (For the curious, its registered number is 19).
Next stop regional champs on Saturday.